EEBD (ELSA) – Type TH15 [Fangzhan]
TH/15 Emergency Escape Breathing Device (Hereinafter referred to as EEBD) is a self-protective breathing apparatus for people in distress to escape and self-protect. Only operated properly can it help users escape from accident spot safely within effective use of time.
Life is precious. Please prepare escape devices in your work environment and know their functions and instructions
1. This product is for escape only, not for entering or returning to environment unable to breathe;
2. This product is not for escape from water;
3. This product is for trained adults of physical fitness only;
4. Always make sure that the time of escape routes should be less than continuous working time of the product.
– Main purposes
TH/15 Emergency escape breathing device is a self-contained compressed air breathing apparatus, mainly used for emergency escape from the environment that can not breathe.
– Applied environments
Environment of smoke, hypoxia, as well as environment polluted by toxic gas, smoke, steam, etc.
Environment of temperature of -30C ~ 60C, relative humidity of 0 – 100%, atmospheric pressure of 0.7 bar – 1.25 bar.
– Implementation Standards
This product, after tested, meets the ISO 23269-1:2008 standards, the EU marine equipment directive (MED) 96/98 EC requirements, the 2000 amendments to the 1974 SOLAS Convention Chapter 11-2 / 13.3.4 and the international Fire Safety Systems (FSS).
Abiding by the international Maritime Organization (IMO) requirements, this product’s continuous use time is longer than 15 minutes, and it’s with light weight, easy to operate, and without complicated operations. Just wear the mask to protect the wearer.
– Main Performance Indicators
Cylinder Volume : 3.0 L
Inflation Pressure : 210 bar -+ 10 Bar
Duration : _> 15 min
Amount Of Air Released : _> 600 L
Equipment (Including Gas) Weight : _< 7.5 Kg
Open the launch belt, and under the action of the spring force, the lifting rod resulting in displacement, corresponding to promote the control of body movement. At this point, cylinder valve is open, compressed air, through the water sealing cap (quantitative hole), enters the filters for decompression, then through the medium-pressure pipe, nose and mouth cover, flows into the mask for the wearer to use.
1. Check the pressure gauge, observe the cylinder capacity and tear the seal
2. Put on the satchel, pull out launch belt to open it
3. Take out the face mask and wear it from the head down, and be notices that transparent window is in the front and the shawl covers the shoulders.
4. Escape from the accident spot quickly.
Inspections and Maintenances
Escape device, as daily backup, should be inspected at least once a quarter.
– Daily inspections
Check the integrity of various components and see if there is damage;
Observe pressure gauge reading, and make sure the air pressure inside the cylinder should be no lower than 210 bar (20C). Once lower than 210 bar, supply air, but not exceed the spesified number.
As a result of expansion and contraction of the compressed air, the
pressure inside the cylinder varies according to temperature. Tt’s normal for low pressure caused by temperature too low and high pressure by temperature too high. For room temperature 20∞C. the air pressure inside is 210 bar. Temperature and pressure correlation, please refer 10 table 2(approximate number for reference only)
– Daily maintenances
a. Avoid collision, scratch and pound: avoid high-temperature baking, freezing, and sun exposure; repair peeling paint and prevent sidewall rust;
b. Use it according to date marked; do pressure test once every three years and be qualified before use;
c. Inflate timely after use for next use;
Do not disassembly during use. Once repairing, re-adjust the chamber pressure and flow.
1. The device should be placed in a dry, clear, easy-to-access place where there is no direct sunlight;
2. The device should not come close to any grease or other corrosive liqid
3. The cylinder should do pressure test once every three years in manu-
facturer or government authority and be qualified before use;
4. The device should avoid heavy pressing, high-temperature baking,
freezing and sun exposure;
5. Train relevant personnel before using the device;
6. Once there is failure or damaged parts, repair them in manufacturer or its authorized agencies;
7. No filling oxygen to the cylinder to avoid accidents;
8. Inflate the cylinder to 210 bar first and after cooling, re-inflate to 210 bar to ensure use time;
9. Compressed air for breathing should be clean, free of odor and meet
the following requirements:
CO no more than 5.5mg/m
C02no more than 900mg/m3
Oil no more than 0.5mg/m:1
Water no more than 50mg/m3
10. The device should not be used for tire fighting, into an hypoxia empty lank or liquid cargo, or for lire lighters;
11. No wear the face mask before opening the cylinder valve; Once in≠
specting the mask, separate the mask from connection chain; connect them after inspection;
Transport and storage
No rain exposure, no pulling in one carriage with oil, flammable, corrosive media, and handle it gently;
Place the device in dry, clear, easy≠to≠access place where the relative humidity is less than 80%, away from the heat by not less than I .Sm; and avoid sun exposure;
– Product warranty
The escape dcvice(EEDD) is within warranty six months from leaving the
factory; if exceeding six months, the maintenance is by the user; users should do the repair in the manufacturer or authority approved repair station;
User should, according to related agencies’ requirements, check the escape dcvice(EE13D) periodically, establish record card; if any problems occur, solve them in time. Please refer to chapter V– Fault identification and solutions. When replacing pressure gauge, do the following:
a. Open EE13D cylinder valve, clear the air inside;
b. Use a wrench to remove the pressure gauge;
c. Replace a new one, and tighten it;
d. Use air compressor or charging unit (pressure should be greater than 210 bar) to inflate the cylinder to 2 IObar (2oïc) first and after cooling, re≠inflate to 2 LO bar to ensure use time;
e. Check the cylinder into water to check tightness;
f. Connected the qualified cylinder with medium≠pressure air hose and pul EEBD into the bag;
Merk : Fangzhan
Type : TH/15
Service Duration : 15 Minute
Work Pressure : 20 MPa
Cylinder Capacity : 3 Liter (Complete With Mask Cover)
Certificate : SOLAS & CCS